MICRO RESISTANCE MEASUREMENT BY MICRO OHMMETER
The use of a micro ohmmeter is done with technicians, engineers or manufacturers in many industrial applications, where it is necessary to check continuities in sensitive electrical circuits or to qualify assemblies of mechanical parts of high precision by ohmic measurement.
In general, the user tries to use a precision micro ohmmeter to check that the measurement does not exceed a certain tolerance threshold, beyond that value the part can be scrapped or be corrected.
MICRO OHMMETER APPLICATIONS
- Check of aluminothermic welds for earthing of railway tracks,
- Earthing control of metal beams in industrial and public building constructions,
- Control of electrodes in aluminium smelters,
- Checking the high voltage switches and fuses in the electrical distribution,
- Verification of metallization points on aircraft wings,
- Check of the transmission brushes of rotating machines installed in the blades of wind turbines, on land or at sea,
- Winding resistance tests in powerful electrical distribution transformers,
- Continuity measurement of bus bars in electrical power converters (transport, etc.),
- Surface condition measurement and alloy deposition (packaging, etc.).
MICRO OHMMETER DEMONSTRATION VIDEO (LRM-10A)
- A lot lighter and easier to handle than other devices in its category.
- Shock resistant ; it is perfect for field and laboratory applications.
- The LCD screen is equipped with a backlight.
- Low injection current for small contacts applications.
- Several accessories are available for your application such as exothermic welds (Cadweld®), measurements on small surfaces, etc.
EASE OF USE
Our micro ohmmeters are light, handy as well as easy to use and shock resistant. They are suitable for all site applications and are offered with many accessories as standard (or optional): a battery charger, a rechargeable battery, a set of alligator clip wires, an exothermic probe, a double tip probe, Kelvin clamps with 19 mm jaw opening or 35mm, a RS-232 cable with USB adapter, spare tips, as well as a lightweight carrying case.
The DRM series precision micro ohmmeter (DRM-10A, DRM-10AV with buzzer and DRM-1A) is an ohmic measurement device that generates a current pulse train of 10 A or 1 A, depending on the model. The micro ohmmeter measurement is based on the principle of 4 tips, 2 tips for the current source and 2 tips for voltage measurement. The resolution is as small as 0.01 micro ohm in the case of the DRM-10A.
4 MAIN FUNCTIONS:
When switched on, the device displays the NDB Technology logo, it also indicates the status of the voltage and current connections, the version of the code contained in its microcontroller as well as the level of the battery charge.
Rear light button:
Switches on and adjusts the intensity level of the rear lighting. One hit gives 50% intensity, two hits gives 100% intensity and three hits turns off the light. The rear light automatically cuts off after 45 seconds.
This button is to be used to take a measurement when the signal “GO” appears on the screen.
Changes from absolute to relative mode, then to motor mode, etc. in a loop.
THE MOST COMPACT AND LIGHTEST MICRO OHMMETER ON THE MARKET
NDB Technologies’ DRM series micro ohmmeter is the most compact and lightest on the market. It is almost the same size of a standard multimeter, and it fits in one hand.
- Dimensions: 203 X 114 X 51mm
- Weight: 0,86 kg
DRM-10A MICRO OHMMETER
The DRM-10A precision micro ohmmeter (and DRM-10AV with an integrated speaker) is an ohmic measuring device with resolutions of 0.01 µOhms. It operates with 10 A, 250 mA and 5 mA current pulses which are automatically adjusted and have a duration of 200 ms. The DRM-10AV is equipped with an audible warning device which indicates the end of the measurement and the validity of the result, it has been designed to work in noisy industrial environments.
MICRO OHMMETER DRM-1A
The DRM-1A precision micro ohmmeter is a model that generates automatic current pulses of 1 A, 100 mA and 5 mA for 200 ms. With its resolution of only 1 µOhm, it corresponds to the entry level of our ohmic measuring devices, which is more affordable.
PROBES AND ACCESSORIES
We offer a large number of clamps, measurement probes and accessories that adapt to your environment. The measurement probes are offered with sizes and jaw openings for interventions on mechanical parts of all sizes and electrical wiring of all types.