PL506 POWER SUPPLY
The PL506 power supply is a DC current power supply of very high density and it can deliver a maximum of 6 independent, floating and programmable channels.
The PL506 power supply consists of the following assembly:
- a 19 ″ standard mechanical rack called a ‘power bin’,
- a power box containing a PFC and 6 free slots,
- basic and independent MEH modules from 500 W to 650 W,
- an electronic card to control and supervise the modules,
- an integrated USB / Ethernet controller with an optional multi-line digital display.
The ‘power bin’ mechanism is placed and fixed in a power bay. Through that the connections and cable passages are made, in particular via threaded rods and nuts of M6 diameter to pass up to 150 A.
Its rear panel has 3 SUB-D connectors of 9 pts through which ‘Senses’ returns operate to compensate for line losses due to high currents in the cables.
The power block ‘power box’ is prepared to accommodate the PFC, the elementary modules and the control card, the USB / Ethernet controller and the digital display system. It has an ‘easy lever’ sliding extraction handle that makes it easy to remove the block without having to remove the cable bundle at the rear. This is a significant time saver in the event of a configuration or maintenance change.
The PL506 power supply offers a wide range of DC voltages among the values 7 V, 10 V, 16 V, 30 V and 60 V for currents of 13.5 A, 23 A, 46 A, 80 A and 115 A. These modules operate with a master-slave configuration, they are programmable and operate in the 2 “voltage and current” regulation modes. Via these, several parameters are configurable: voltage ramps, current trips, temperature supervision, group operations, interlock, etc.
The elementary modules are designed to work over all types of distances (from a few meters to more than 40 meters) and can deliver loads of different types (resistive, capacitive and / or inductive). Three regulation types (fast, medium or slow) are planned in order to respond to these constraints and thus eliminate or limit the effects of overshoot and sustained oscillations.
A processor monitors the correct operation of the modules and protects them against illegal modes and faults.
The USB controller enables the control in local mode via the application Musecontrol, the Ethernet interface via SNMP protocol facilitates the integration of the PL506 power supply in a larger installation.
PL506 POWER SUPPLY SPECIFICATIONS
- 1 to 6 independent outputs
- Construction with modular blocks of 500 W / 650 W
- Total power up to 3 kW
- 7 V, 10 V, 16 V, 30 V, 60 V DC voltages
- Floating voltages +/- 100 V (optimum low noise)
- Processor control
- Online loss compensation
- Regulation with slow, medium and fast “senses”
- Programming of voltage and current thresholds
- 2 modes of voltage regulation / current regulation
- Internal temperature monitoring
- Very low residual ripple and noise
- Combined USB and Ethernet interfaces
- Integrated web interface using SNMP protocol
- Extraction mechanism with handle ‘easy lever’
- Main supply with PFC 94 V – 265 VAC
- Dimensions 3U * 19 ″ * 445 mm (3U RASO)
- Dimensions 4U * 19 ″ * 445 mm (4U)
- Alphanumeric display
- Power fault signal and system reset
- Interlock inputs for each channel (channel wise)
- Pressurized water cooling for the same size
|MEH||2 ... 7 V||115 A / 550 W|
|MEH||6 ... 10 V||80 A / 550 W|
|MEH||7 ... 16 V||46 A / 550 W|
|MEH||12 ... 30 V||23 A / 550 W|
|MEH||30 ... 60 V||13,5 A / 650 W|
Mechanics / Electronics
|Power supply||90 VAC to 265 VAC|
|Mains input current||Suffix H : 16 A max.|
|Emission||CE EN 5008-1 (EN 55 022-B)|
|Immunity||CE EN 50082-1 or 2|
|Output power||3000 W (3 * 1.5 mm2 cord for 16 A)|
|Operating temperature|| 0 ... 50 ° C without derating
Storage : - 30 °C ... + 85 °C
|Temperature coefficient||< 0,2 % / 10 °C|
|Time drift|| 5 mV or 0.1% for 24 hours
25 mV or 0.3% for 6 months
(under other constant conditions)
|Current limitation|| 100% of the nominal value
Programmable to any lower value via interface or display
Ilim is the regulation current, Imax is the trip current
|Establishment of voltages|| 50 ms in continuous ramp (factory), management by processor
Programmable with any other value
|Over-voltage protection|| Crowbar protection (trip off)
Adjustment to 125% of nominal voltages
Discharge of capacitors after DC Off
|Voltage cut (Trip off and DC off)|| 3 ms after deviation of 2% from nominal values
Overload, over-temperature, over-voltage, under-voltage, fan fault
|Efficiency||75% ... 85% depending on the modules used|
|MTBF|| Fans: 65 000 Hrs at 40 °C
Electronics: 100 000 Hrs at 40 °C