Description of the APS high voltage converter
APS high voltage converter offers powers of 0.5 W and 1 W for voltages from 200 V to 1000 V and currents from 0.5 mA to 2.5 mA. It is offered in a miniature box and is designed to be mounted on printed circuits (PCB) developed and routed by the user. A patented resonant circuit integrated in a shielded metal box guarantees the APS high voltage converter a very low level of electromagnetic interference (EMI). The high voltage electronics are molded in an epoxy resin to ensure perfect insulation.
The APS high voltage converter has several control pins:
- the voltage setpoint can be passed in 2 ways, either by direct insertion of a variable resistor in the control loop equipped with a stable internal reference of 2.5 V or 5 V (depending on the power model), or by supplying a variable voltage of 0 – 2.5 V (or 0 – 5 V) for a linear variation from 0 to 100% of the HV output.
- feedback electronics produced by an internal high voltage divider measures the voltage actually generated at the output, it also works with the principle of a 0 – 100% scale buffered by a resistance of 10 kOhms.
- an On / Off pin with high or low level inhibits the high voltage.
- It should be noted that the APS electronics do not have current monitoring.
The output, the GND and the control pins are accessible via square pins of 0.63 * 0.63 mm, length 2.2 mm and whose centers are in standard steps of 2.54 mm. The mechanical dimension is 40/15/11 mm.
The APS range is completed by the high power BPS high voltage converter model and also intended to be soldered on printed circuit.
Specifications of the APS high voltage converter
- High voltage DC DC converter
- APS series
- 0.5 W and 1 W power
- High voltage up to 1000 V
- Current up to 2.5 mA
- Factory positive (+) or negative (-) polarity
- Residual ripple and noise (<10 mV peak to peak)
- Voltage control and monitoring with internal reference
- No current control and monitoring
- On / Off with high and low level
- Power supply + 5 VDC or + 12 VDC
- Patented resonance switching technology
- Miniature metal case with resin molding
- RoHS compliant
|APS 02 255 5||200||2,5||0,5|
|APS 04 125 5||400||1,2||0,5|
|APS 06 804 5||600||0,8||0,5|
|APS 08 604 5||800||0,6||0,5|
|APS 10 504 5||1000||0,5||0,5|
|APS 02 505 5||200||5||1|
|APS 04 255 5||400||2,5||1|
|APS 06 165 5||600||1,6||1|
|APS 08 125 5||800||1,2||1|
|APS 10 105 5||1000||1||1|
|Polarity||Positive or negative, factory set|
|Residual ripple + noise||< 10 mV peak to peak|
|Voltage stability / input variation||< 0,1 % . Vnominal|
|Voltage stability / load variation||< 0,2 % . Vnominal|
|Temperature coefficient||200 ppm / °C|
|Voltage control & monitoring|| 0 - 2,5 V (APS 0,5 W)
0 - 5 V (APS 1 W)
For 0 - 100% Vnominal
|Current control & monitoring||No|
|Protection||Overload and short circuit|
|High voltage output||Pin|
|Housing||Molded with "potting", shielded metal encapsulation, GND connection|
|Dimension L / W / H mm|| 40/15/11
|Input power|| 4,5 - 5,5 VDC (APS 0,5 W)
11,5 - 15,5 VDC (APS 1 W)