MPV LOW VOLTAGE MODULE
The MPV low voltage module range includes a choice of 9 references, from 8 V to 120 V and from 100 mA to 20 A. They have 15-bit DAC and ADC with voltage resolutions of 4 mV max. and current resolutions of 0.5 mA max.
A special feature is that its switching topology and its regulation electronics make it possible to control the voltages on the whole scale, from 0 to 100%, without any deterioration in performance (instability, offset, non-linearity, etc.).
Many parameters can be programmed individually or by group: voltage, current, ramp up and ramp down, regulation type (slow or fast) depending on the cable lengths (short > 1 meter, long > 50 meters).
Other data can be supervised: power, temperature, voltage at the sense point (feedback), voltage at the terminal point (load), etc. Specific actions can be taken depending on certain events: voltage shut down with ramp or without ramp following an overcurrent, etc.
One can control the MPV low voltage module via Ethernet (TCP / IP), CANbus and USB in one of the W-IE-NE-R chassis: Mpod (10 slots), Mpod mini (4 slots), Mpod micro (1 and 2 slots) or Mixed Mpod (5 slots).
Slow control is based on the standard protocol netSNMP (Simple network protocol management). It is software with an “open source” code which uses the functions of the WIENER-CRATE-MIB library. Several control softwares are supported such as EPICS, MIDAS, ORCA; they have all been developed by the scientific community and have been tested under experimental conditions. The installation of the dedicated isegSNMPControl application on Windows allows immediate handling. A specific USB application is available under the name of MuseControl.
All our Mpod chassis are dimensioned correctly, thus the module can provide all the power (400 W module for 50 W / channel and 100 W / channel depending on model) without any restrictions.
The MPV low voltage module is used in experiments where it is necessary to supply front-end electronic cards of preamp, amplifier, ASIC, FPGA or any type of data acquisition cards.
- 8-channel MPV low voltage module
- Positive or negative polarity (+ or – connected to GND)
- Low voltage up to 120 V
- Current up to 20 A
- Floating ground (F-GND)
- Residual ripple and noise (<2 – 3 mV peak to peak)
- Voltage control and measurement
- MPV low voltage module with current control and measurement (regulation / limitation or trip)
- Settings with 15-bit resolution (DAC), monitoring with 15-bit resolution (ADC)
- Programmable voltage ramp 1 V / s to 500 V / s
- 2 * 37 pins female power connectors with line compensation (return of senses)
- Function I: Interlock via power connectors
- Provision of wiring with return of senses and adapted lengths
- Very compact model – height 6 U, depth 220 mm, width 1 slot