GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT GPS HIGH VOLTAGE POWER SUPPLY
The GPS high voltage power supply is similar to the HPS model but differs in two points:
- there is no front panel to control it in a local mode,
- there is an exclusive analog (I / O) interface for control and monitoring
The high voltage GPS power supply is offered in two mechanical formats:
- As 19 ” industrial rack with power of either 300 W or 800 W,
- As compact box with a single power of 350 W.
OPERATING THE GPS HIGH VOLTAGE POWER SUPPLY
The AC network voltage is passed through an EMI/RFI filter. A single-phase power relay system separates the EMI/RFI filter from the PFC and the inrush current circuit.
The PFC provides a DC link voltage, that is buffered by electrolytic capacitors. An inverter with a connected resonance circuit transforms the DC-Link voltage into a controllable sinusoidal voltage. The HV transformer and HV rectifier provide an output voltage corresponding to the external set voltage.
Output voltage and current are measured by high precision voltage dividers and a shunt and are fed back to the control circuit. A damping resistor connected to the output capacitance limits the output current during a load change or ARC.
High voltage power supplies of this class work with a fixed switching frequency. The output parameters are controlled via a pulse width modulation (PWM).
The control circuit controls and limits the output voltage and current corresponding to the set values. Normalized monitor voltages for voltage and current are provided for read back. The control circuit is also monitoring the input voltages, auxiliary voltages and the temperatures of cooling air and single components.
As an optionthe device can be equipped with ARC management.
As another option the device can be supplied as a capacitor charger (CLD – very low overshoot of the output voltage).
GPS HIGH VOLTAGE POWER SUPPLY PROPERTIES
- 300 W – 350 W – 800 W, 1 kV – 70 kV
- Positive or negative polarity (factory setting, please indicate preference)
- 19” rack or compact case
- HV output on cable or connector (SHV, LEMO or GES)
- Excellent control characteristics (regulation, stability, noise)
- Input – output interface with 0 – 5 V
- 9-pin SUB-D connector or others on request
- Management of electric arcs and short circuits
- Cooling and temperature monitoring
- Inihibit and over-voltage protection
- CLD option – capacitor charger
- ARC option: management of electric arcs
- Option A0: analog interface 0 – 10 V
- CE marking, RoHS compliant
MANAGEMENT OF ARCS WITH GPS HIGH VOLTAGE POWER SUPPLY
The GPS high voltage power supply disposed of an electronic protection against electric arcs. An ARC is defined as a discharge from the filter capacitors at the output stage. The device detects an ARC when the output current Iout = Iset + 0.5. Inom.
After the detection of an ARC, the control signals of the switching transistors are blocked within a few μ-seconds. ARCwait is the break time to fully discharge the capacitors. At the same time, the internal setpoint value of the output voltage Vset is set to zero.
At the instant t = t1 calculated by the internal processor, the internal setpoint of the output voltage is increased. The rise time is the time of the voltage ramp called ARCramp.
The ARC-wait and ARC-Ramp times are of the order of a few tens of milliseconds to a few hundred milliseconds.
300 W AND 800 W RANGES
- GPS High voltage power supply
- Voltage from 1 kVOLT to 30 kVOLT
- Power of 300 Watts and 800 Watts
- Current from 10 mA to 800 mA
- Positive (+) or negative (-) polarity, factory setting
- Common ground (GND) and floating (+/- 400 V)
- Safety interlock
- Factory-set voltage ramp (0.25 kV / s Vnominal)
- SHV, LEMO or GES connector on rear panel
- Forced ventilation (<10m3 / Hr)
- Analog interfaces (not isolated) 0 – 5 V or 0 – 10 V
- 19’’ rack, 1U – 410 mm
Gamme 350 W
- Alimentation haute tension GPS
- Tension de 1 kVOLT à 70 kVOLT
- Puissance de 350 W
- Courant de 5 mA à 350 mA
- Polarité fixe, positive (+) ou négative (-)
- Masse commune (GND)
- Interlock de sécurité
- Rampe de tension fixée en usine (0,25 kV/s Vnominal)
- Connecteur GES ou propriétaire en face arrière
- Ventilation forcée (< 10m3/Hr)
- Interfaces analogique non isolée 0 – 5 V ou 0 – 10 V
- Boitier compact L/l/H mm : 280, 254, 81 – 106 mm